General Community Facilities
Birrigai at Tidbinbilla (also known as Birrigai Outdoor School) is a residential and day program school facility, set in the magnificent foothills of the Brindabellas. As our name suggests, we are part of the broader Tidbinbilla precinct, which includes the Nature Reserve, Visitor Centre and award-winning wetlands Sanctuary.
We are located on Tidbinbilla Road approx 40 minutes from the Canberra CBD. Access points from Canberra are either Cotter Road (western) or via Point Hut Crossing (south-western).
We offer on site accommodation and catering and our programs are delivered by ACT Education & Training Directorate teachers.
Our programs are all mapped against the Australian Curriculum and centre on three strands of enquiry and experience -
1. environmental education
2. heritage education
3. outdoor adventure (team-building and leadership)
You can lead your own programs and simply use us as your venue or you can have everything organised for you.Birrigai provides a range of educational programs designed to complement ACT school curricula and the Australian Curriculum. Birrigai programs can provide:
- a specific learning opportunity for your students in the context of your curriculum; and/or
- ‘add-on’ learning experiences to your school’s curriculum offerings, based on our expertise, location and facilities.
Birrigai programs are delivered by our on-site teachers who also hold nationally-recognised outdoor education qualifications.
In addition, Birrigai offers ‘in-residence’ camps where an expert in a particular field becomes your ‘teacher’. In-Residence programs include:
Birrigai specialises in:
- Gifted and Talented learning opportunities
- Specialist School programs
- Early Childhood programs
- Aboriginal Education programs
- 'Reconnection’ programs and journeys
If you have a subject area or speciality you’d like us to explore, contact us.