Abuse & Assault Services
This service is for women, including women-identifying people, and non-binary people and their families in Canberra who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
We can help with-
• identifying and assessing the risks to your safety and planning how to prevent or reduce those risks
• helping you understand domestic and family violence
• emotional support, where you can talk in a safe and non-judgmental environment
• support for getting a family violence order, including referrals to legal services
• support in exiting an abusive relationship if you choose to, including identifying appropriate safety measures and helping you arrange resources and suitable accommodation
• referrals to specialist services for housing, consumer and legal rights, finances and other wrap-around services
• individual case management, including identifying what your needs are, providing support to access community services, advocating on your behalf where needed, and helping you develop and maintain social links
• support for your family’s mental and physical wellbeing, and help developing skills to manage your household
• assistance developing the skills you need to get a job
• completing forms for government support
• providing material assistance or referring you to services that can help.
Our support is available Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
We can provide this support in the community, over the phone, online or in one of our offices (located in Civic and Conder).
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact YWCA Canberra Domestic Violence Support Service
Disabled access Toilets, Parking, Wheelchair access
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges From 18 to 90 years of age
Gender Female only
Women and children impacted by Domestic and family Violence residing in ACT
Domestic Violence, Family Violence