Diabetes NSW & ACT is dedicated to helping people living with or at risk of diabetes, their families, friends and carers. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our community and we provide programs, services and information to help everyone affected by diabetes to live their best lives.
A life without the complication or complications of diabetes.
We support people living with and at risk of diabetes every step of the way.
- Collaboration and engagement
- Accountability and responsibility
- Respect, integrity and openness
- Excellence and innovation
Information and support
We provide trusted information, advice and support through:
- Our free Helpline – 1300 342 238
- Educational health and wellbeing programs and services
- Information days, workshops and other events
- Our publications and websites
Our prevention and awareness activities contribute to reducing the development of diabetes and the complications for those living with it.
When you become a member of Diabetes NSW & ACT you join our growing community of more than 45,000 people from across NSW and the ACT. Your membership gives you access to a range of benefits, including:
- The latest health information delivered to your mailbox through our leading publications,
- Expert help and advice from qualified health professionals via our Helpline,
- Free or discounted admission to our regular events and forums and
- Discounts at our online store.
Join online today or call our Helpline on 1300 342 238
Clinic and Telehealth Services
Diabetes NSW & ACT offers consultations with our specialist Credentialed Diabetes Educator and Dietitian.
For more information please call 02 6248 4500.
Education for health professionals
Diabetes NSW & ACT offers health professionals access to a range of relevant diabetes educational programs and resources through our Diabetes Qualified Training Business. Diabetes Qualified is owned by Diabetes NSW & ACT and is a solution for health professionals wanting to access the latest diabetes education and resources all in one place.
Membership benefits for health professionals include:
- Subscription to leading journals and publications,
- Member only content on the Diabetes Qualified Website,
- Diabetes Information packs for your clients and
- Discounts on eLearning courses and Health Professional Seminars.
To find out more visit Diabetes Qualified
Research and Advocacy
Diabetes NSW & ACT works across all levels of government to represent the views of people living with diabetes in all types of public debates and discussions.
We also?advocate for individuals and offer diabetes education in workplaces to improve the understanding of diabetes in the broader community.
As well as our programs and services supporting people living with diabetes, we fund crucial research into finding better treatments and a possible future cure for diabetes.
NDSS (including registration and order enquiry)
Diabetes and its complications is the single biggest risk to the health and wellbeing of all Australians.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Diabetes NSW and ACT - Canberra
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Disabled access Parking, Toilets
Referral Required Contact us for details
Phone Service Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages