Mental Health Services
MHF ACT supports people whose life is affected by a severe mental illness. The program focuses on strengths, what people with mental illness can do, rather than what they can't do. It is provided to people with a National Disability Insurance Scheme Plan or on a full fee for service basis.
MHF ACT will support participants in their recovery journey to build relationships and provide holistic support. It will ensure that services accessed by participants are coordinated, integrated and complementary to other services available in the community.
A Recovery Mentor will:
- Help the participant to better manage their daily activities and reconnect with their community;
- Provide direct and personalised assistance through outreach services;
- Provide referrals and links with appropriate services, such as drug-and-alcohol and accommodation services;
- Work with the participant in developing their Individual Recovery Plan, which focused on the participant’s goals and recovery journey;
- Engage and support family, carer and other relationships; and Monitor and report progress against the participant’s Individual Recovery Plan.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact National Disability Insurance Scheme Outreach
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access This location does not have disabled access
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee National Disability Insurance Scheme
Age Ranges Over 16 years of age
Life Skills Courses, Mental Illness, Personal Helpers and Mentoring