General Support Services & Counselling
Transition to Recovery Program (TREC)
Provides intensive outreach support for people who are transitioning from hospital following an episode of mental illness. Also supports people in the community who are at risk of going to hospital due to mental illness.The program works with people to maximise their potential for recovery and independence following discharge from hospital or who require additional support in the community to manage sub-acute symptoms to prevent hospitalisation.
People are eligible and can voluntarily access the program if they:
- Live in the area currently serviced by Mental Health Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Service
- Have an existing functional limitation due to a mental health issue
- Are clinically managed by Community Mental Health Teams
- Are aged between 18 – 64 years and have no significant age related issues
- Would benefit from additional clinical management and psychosocial support in a community setting.
The program runs for 12 weeks offering intensive outreach support, including evenings and weekends.
Referrals to the program are made by a Clinical Manager in one of ACT Health's Mental Health Teams:
- City, Belconnen, Tuggeranong or Woden Mental Health Teams
- Early Intervention Team
- Adult Mental Health Unit
- Calvary 2N
- Forensic Mental Health Unit.
Referral: Clinical managers in public health mental health teams
Phone: (02) 6221 9511
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Transition to Recovery Program (TREC)
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets, Wheelchair Access
Referral Required Self Referral
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Languages Hindi, Serbian
Mental Illness, Rehabilitation Services, Support Groups
Share with QR Code
WCS is a for-purpose that has been providing community services in the ACT for 50 years. Our vision is to build and nurture a vibrant and connected community. We offer a wide range of services covering children, families, youth and seniors including disability, housing and mental health services.Visit WODEN COMMUNITY SERVICE website