Suicide & Self Harm Information
The Way Back Support Service is available to support people in the first few months following a suicide attempt.
According to your needs, The Way Back Support Service can assist by:
- providing encouragement and support in the first few months following your attendance at hospital
- helping you follow your hospital discharge and safety plan
- supporting you to connect with your GP and other services that may help you in your journey to recovery.
What happens next?
While in hospital or shortly after leaving hospital, a Support Coordinator from The Way Back Support Service will be in touch with you to check in and see how things are going. You are also welcome to make contact with us any time during the three months after you leave hospital.
The Way Back Support Service ACT
Phone 1800 929 222 (Mon-Fri 9.00am to-5.00pm)
Need urgent assistance?
- Dial 000 or go to a hospital emergency department.
- Crisis and Assessment Team (CATT) 1800 629 354
- Mental Health Line (24 hours) 1800 011 511
- Lifeline (24 hours) 13 11 14
- Mens Helpline 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service (24 hours) 1300 659 467
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact The Way Back Support Service
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets, Wheelchair Access
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Mental Illness, Suicide
WCS is a for-purpose that has been providing community services in the ACT for 50 years. Our vision is to build and nurture a vibrant and connected community. We offer a wide range of services covering children, families, youth and seniors including disability, housing and mental health services.Visit WODEN COMMUNITY SERVICE website