General Transport Services
The ACT Taxi Subsidy Scheme (TSS) provides financial assistance to ACT residents with a disability or significant mobility restriction preventing them using public and community transport. The TSS supports social inclusion and economic participation of community members who would otherwise be at risk of social isolation.
The TSS is intended to assist members attend essential activities such as medical appointments, employment commitments, and social and family gatherings. The TSS is not intended to meet all transport costs of its members.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the ACT Taxi Subsidy Scheme, you must:
- have a severe or profound activity limitation that prevents you from using public transport. Such limitations include:
- severe mobility limitations
- legal blindness or severe vision impairment
- cognitive, intellectual or psychiatric disability
- severe and uncontrolled epilepsy.
- be a permanent resident of the ACT, or an asylum seeker with proof of status from Companion House; and
- not be a member of an interstate taxi subsidy scheme.
How do I apply?
Application forms are available online or by contacting the Taxi Subsidy Scheme Office. Please note that Part B of the application form must be completed and signed by an authorised medical practitioner or occupational therapist.
Contact ACT Taxi Subsidy Scheme
Similar Providers Nearby
ACT Revenue Office has elected to withhold the display of their location on a map
Referral Required Contact us for details
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Accessible Transport, Concessions, Deafblind, Disability, Transport, Vision Impairment