General Volunteering Services
Community Services #1 (CS#1) recognises that Volunteers are the life blood of a community and are important in delivering services to the community and acknowledge that a number of Volunteers are already engaged in a range of activities within different program areas of CS#1
In order for someone to become a Volunteer with Community Services #1, there are a number of forms that need to be completed. These forms are designed to help meet our obligations to you, the Volunteer, to our staff and to our community.
All CS#1 Volunteers are provided with a Volunteer Handbook which provides information and background in relation to the policies and procedures that relate to Volunteer work in the organisation.
For more information about volunteering with Community Services #1, please do not hesitate to contact CS#1 on 6126 4700 or by email to [email protected]
Areas for Volunteering can include (but may not be limited to):
- Home & Community Care Program
- Special Care Transport
- Social Support
- Centre Based Day Care / Groups (eg: Walk & Talk; Spanish; Croatian; Chinese Social Groups)
- Community Services #1 Pantry
- ACT-Growing Older & Living Dangerously!
- Paint and Play & Family Play
- Gallery on Community Services #1
- Community Services #1 Flats Health Project
- Nordic Walking
- Links to Learning
- English Conversation Group
- Special Projects as they arise
There may also be some limited volunteering opportunities in the Childcare Centres and some limited administration opportunities.