Child (and Parent) Information & Counselling
The Magic Coat is a tool that has been developed to help create confident, calm and caring kids who know how to problem solve, feel safe and manage their emotions appropriately so that they have good mental health and well being.
The Magic Coat is based on the analogy that children put on an imaginary coat with a number of characters inside the pockets, to remind them of the different strategies they have available to help them feel calm, confident and resilient.
The simple and effective language and strategies provide parents with a tool to communicate with their children in a way that will grow the parent/child bond and also prevent mental health becoming an issue as children get older.
The Magic Coat program helps children learn to take control and responsibility for their own world and to create positive relationships with adults and children around them. Focusing on prevention rather than cure, it provides children with social and emotional strategies from a young age, which can have a significant impact on mental health in later years.
The Magic Coat is a multifaceted program which incorporates:
- Children’s books;
- Parenting books;
- School presentations;
- Community and Parenting seminars;
- Unique and interactive Workshops for both parents and children to attend together (where children will learn the strategies and tools to help them deal with issues such as worry and anxiety, friendships and bullying, and anger management);
- Dedicated Workshops just for children;
- Focused workshops, seminars and presentations on "Using the Magic Coat to Support Children with Special Needs";
- In depth 6-10 week after school programs (run each school term in WA by Direction Psychology);
- Teacher training and a workbook to enable the program to be run in classrooms;
- Online Training Options;
- One-On-One Coaching Sessions; and
- A growing range of merchandise.
The Magic Coat is a social enterprise, with a variety of both corporate and charity partners who provide sponsorship support to ensure that we are reaching the families in our community who need our services the most. Make A Difference WA support us to reach many schools, families and community organisations in need, along with a list of Corporate sponsors who can be found on our webpage.
We are therefore able, on a case-by-case basis, to provide many of the above services including school presentations, community and parenting seminars, workshops & teacher training, either FREE OF CHARGE or on a subsidised basis to participants, schools and community organisations.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Magic Coat for Kids Pty Ltd
Similar Providers Nearby
Online Service Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges Under 16 years of age
Direct access to Free Red and Green Cat bus services.