General Community Facilities
Kempsey Shire Library has a main library service operating in West Kempsey and branches at South West Rocks, Stuarts Point, and Hat Head. The service also includes a mobile library van service. Kempsey Shire Library operates in partnership with the Port Macquarie-Hastings Library Service, and this joint arrangement is known as the Mid North Coast Library Co-operative.
The Kempsey Shire has:
- a population of approximately 29,634 (ABS ERP 2014)
- 10,242 registered library members (2015)
- the Library has a total book stock, including print and e-books, of 60,930
- book borrowings were over 210,938 during the year (2015)
You may be able to borrow up to 20 items at one time, comprising of :
- 10 DVDs
- 3 Blu-ray movies
- 10 music CDs
- 7 audiobooks
- 5 issues of any magazine title
There is a 3 week loan period. Items can be renewed twice (if the item is not in demand). Renewals may be requested in person at the library desk, by phone, by email, or online through the Member Services link on the library webpage.
Visitors’ borrowing is limited to 3 items per card.