Child (and Parent) Information & Counselling
Pregnancy, Birth and Baby provides free, non-judgemental emotional support and reassurance. We provide guidance on children’s growth, behaviour and development and are able to refer parents to local services. Our maternal child health nurses work with parents to ensure the health and wellbeing of their children and family.
Guidance and emotional support provided includes areas such as:
- pregnancy planning - fertility, unexpected outcomes, planning for pregnancy
- healthy pregnancy - decision making in pregnancy, relationship changes, having a healthy pregnancy, check-ups,common pregnancy discomforts
- newborn essentials - preparing for birth, feeding and settling your baby, when birth doesn’t go to plan, you and your baby after the birth
- becoming a parent - adjusting to parenthood, fathers, parenting styles, anxiety and postnatal depression
- parenting (up to 5 years) - baby’s health and safety, all stages of your child’s development – eating, sleeping, walking and talking, toddler tips for tantrums and toilet training and preschool preparation.