Youth Accommodation Services
Starting Off Stepping Out (SOSO) offers support services designed to assist young people (and young families) to make the transition to an independent, safe and secure self-managed lifestyle.
Support services include:
- Assistance accessing long term affordable housing options such as private rental, public housing, social housing and shared accommodation.
- Assistance establishing a new home (connection of utilities, rent payment plans, sourcing furniture and general household items).
- Assistance settling into your new neighbourhood and community.
- Access to living skills programs and information sessions, including Rent It Keep It. Covering topics such as sustaining a successful tenancy, personal and social development, budgeting, cooking and cleaning.
- Help to establish referral pathways to education, training and/or employment.