Blue Care is a leading not for profit provider of a range of community and residential aged care services. The client population serviced includes frail older persons, younger people with disabilities and others in need within the general community. Services provided include:
* COMMUNITY NURSING (Blue Nursing): In home nursing and clinic facilities are available. These services are designed to encourage maximum independence and enhance quality of life;
* RESPITE SERVICES: Respite care provides support for frail older people, people with dementia, younger people with a disability, and for carers and their families. Respite services offer individual social and recreational activities as well as 'time out' for carers. Care can be either in-home or centre based. Respite services are generally planned, however emergency services are available in some areas. Flexible and responsive services are provided to people living in isolated rural and remote areas, in collaboration with other service providers.
* RESIDENTIAL AGED CARE SERVICES: A supportive, safe and secure environment for residents is provided through a range of accommodation facilities including: independent living units, low care residential and hostel facilities, high care residential and nursing home facilities and special purpose dementia units.
* ALLIED HEALTH: Professional allied health services are offered to individuals in therapy centres, clinics, residential facilities, and in-home. Services are aimed at assisting people to maintain their mobility and enjoyment in daily life. Services may include rehabilitation services (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, podiatry, hydrotherapy), health education, group programs, and assessment and advice about equipment.
* DISABILITY SERVICES: Several disability specific community respite and support services are managed for people with disabilities along with their families.
These services aim to provide programs of individual client choice and support the maintenance of the family unit and their chosen lifestyle.
* PASTORAL CARE AND COUNSELLING SERVICES: These services may include: pastoral care, spiritual care, counselling, education, advocacy, loss and grief counselling and bereavement support.
* VOLUNTEER SERVICES: Volunteers support clients with respite services in their own homes and in residential facilities. Clients are supported through social contact and direct assistance to help maintain their quality of life.
* VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY ACCESS/TRANSPORT: Volunteers visit clients and assist with transport to/from health facilities, shopping and recreational facilities. This service is not available at all Blue Care Centres.
* PALLIATIVE CARE: Professional specialised nursing care and support for people with advanced and terminal illnesses and those who care for them. Care includes pain management, home nursing and emotional support .
DOMESTIC ASSISTANCE: To assist you to remain home as independently as possible Blue Care provide Domestic Assistance where trained staff can assist you at your home with: dusting, vacuming, sweeping, mopping, meal preparation, cleaning indoor windows, washing dishes, changing bed linen, clothes washing, unescorted shopping, cleaning bathrooms, and cleaning inside fridges,
PERSONAL CARE: To assist you to remain home as independently as possible Blue Care can provide Personal Care where trained staff can assist you at home with: hygiene, cleaning, grooming, meal preparation, social support, laundry, respite care, and light household duties.