General Community Clubs
We would like to welcome you and the whole world with an interactive platform that is serving not only as a communal blog for amassing tips, ideas and findings, but also as the ongoing embodiment of a fully functioning (horticultural) society and community organization with specific goals and missions towards culturing, promoting and preserving orchids in all their diversity.
Everyone is Welcome! The Queensland Orchid Society is available for joining by all and sundry from anywhere in Queensland, anywhere in Australia, and any country in the world.
The Society welcomes potential members to come to the general meetings as our guests, and advises those wishing to join us that subscription fees (in Australian Dollar) are:
$20 for a single, $25 for a family from 1st January
$10 for a single, $12.50 for a family from 1st July
Other Orchid Societies interested in affiliating with us are advised that Society Affiliation is $30 payable on the 1st January each year.
Payment is by cash or cheque to The Queensland Orchid Society Inc.
PO Box 126
Browns Plains BC
The Society holds meeting on every second Monday of each month (excluding January and December) in the Red Hill Community Sports Centre.
Committee Meeting and General Meeting commence at 6pm and 8pm respectively.
- To promote good fellowship among all people interested in orchid culture and in horticulture generally;
- To further the knowledge and advancement of all that pertains to orchids particularly their natural history, cultivation and hybridisation and the dissemination of such knowledge;
- To carry out research and educational activities into all aspects of orchidaceae;
- To assist Governments in preventing destruction of our native flora and to conserve by cultivation, species threatened by land development;
- To operate and maintain a judging system that complies with the AOC judging standards.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Queensland Orchid Society Incorporated
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contribution fee
Age Ranges All ages
We meet at 8:00 PM every second Monday each Month and at 8:00 PM every second Monday each Month