Drug & Alcohol Services
Clarence Street is part of the Mater Young Adult Health Centre. At Clarence Street there are a range of services to support young people who experience issues with substance use. Including:
• A residential program designed to support young people, aged between 13 and 18, to safely withdraw from substances this service is open to young people from anywhere in Queensland
• A specialist youth work service that can outreach to individual young people in the greater Brisbane area
• A Day Program in the Area 40 space where young people can drop in and access support in a creative and safe environment.
Clarence Street aims to:
• Support young people to complete their withdrawal from substances in a safe, comfortable and youth-friendly environment.
• Assist young people to reduce substance use related harms through the provision of alcohol and other drug interventions.
• Promote harm minimisation strategies which take account of each young person’s individual motivation, goals, choices, strengths and support needs.
• Facilitate referrals to other agencies and services in the community that can provide ongoing support for young people and their families.
• Develop, in collaboration with each young person and their key support people, an individualised support plan that promotes the young person’s overall health and wellbeing.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact ADAWS Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Service
Similar Providers Nearby
- Kids in Mind - Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Service - South Brisbane
- Mental Health Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Service (MHATODS)
- Lives Lived Well - Woolloongabba
- Centre for Human Potential (CFHP) Psychology and Coaching
- Queensland Aboriginal & Islander Corp Alcohol & Drug Dependence Services
Wheelchair Access Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Other Requirements Youth Service 13-25 years