General Disability Services
CPL (formerly known as the Cerebral Palsy League) stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We work with children and adults of all abilities, from low to high and complex support needs. We'll tailor our services to match your needs and goals, and then put together a support plan with you and your loved ones that will help you get there.
We have access to resources and equipment that's not always available in regional centres. This means we’re ready to support you! At CPL, we believe in living the life you choose with passion, everyday.
Don’t live in Cairns? We can also visit you wherever you like in surrounding areas such as Mareeba, Innisfail, Mosman and the Atherton Tablelands.
Therapy and health services
Our experienced team offers flexible services in your home, at school or work and in the community. Learn how to use your equipment, improve your speech, movement and more.
Our allied health services include:
- Occupational therapy – make daily tasks easier
- Physiotherapy – improve your movement
- Speech pathology– improve your speech and communication
- Early intervention – vital therapy for children aged 0 - 6
We also run a range of popular groups for children to improve their reading, writing and fine motor skills.
Home support and respite
Want to be more independent in your own home and rely less on the people around you? We can help! We’ll work with you one-on-one to create a support package that suits your needs.
Our home support services include:
- Assistance at meal times and giving medication
- Assistance with personal daily activities (such as showering and dressing)
- Household tasks (such as cleaning, cooking and gardening)
- Assistance to get out and enjoy your local community
- Support to visit friends and family
- Respite for parents and carers of a child with disabilities – so you can take a break!
- After hours check-ins and emergency response support
- Plus much more!
Need help managing your funding?
CPL’s My Life Host Provider can give you choice and control over your services. Work with us to set goals and create a personalised support plan based on your funding. Take a look at our step-by-step guide on choosing CPL's My Life as your host provider. CPL is also an approved host provider under the Queensland Government's Your Life Your Choice initiative.
Find out more today! Simply call 1800 275 753 or fill in our contact form.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact CPL’s Cairns Services
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
The following services are also provided by CPL’s Cairns Services in Cairns.
CPL’s Cairns Services also provides General Disability Services in the following region(s):
CPL - Choice, Passion, Life (formerly the Cerebral Palsy League) provides its services from the following locations: