Aboriginal Health Services
Northern Australia Primary Health Limited is a leading provider of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Mental Health & Wellbeing and Allied Health services.
INTEGRATED TEAM CARE (ITC) PROGRAM
The aim of the Integrated Team Care Program- Improving Indigenous Access to Mainstream Primary Care Program is to contribute to increasing life expectancy by improving access to culturally sensitive primary care services for Indigenous Australians
- Increase access to mainstream primary health care services by indigenous Australians
- Improve capacity of general practice to deliver culturally sensitive primary care services
- Increase the uptake of Indigenous specific MBS items including Indigenous health checks and follow up items
- Support mainstream primary care services to encourage Indigenous Australians to self identify
- Increase awareness and understanding of Closing the Gap measures relevant to mainstream primary care; and foster collaboration and support between the mainstream primary care and indigenous health sectors.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Northern Australia Primary Health Limited (NAPHL) - Thursday Island
To create a healthier future for all Australian's as the most comprehensive primary health care and wellbeing provider in Northern AustraliaVisit Northern Australia Primary Health Limited (NAPHL) website