Ageing Respite & Activity Centres
While caring for an ageing loved one is a rewarding experience, it can also be daunting and often unexpected. Also known as ‘short-term care’, respite is a form of support for carers, which allows them to take a break from their caring duties while ensuring peace of mind that their loved one’s care needs continue to be met by health care professionals. Respite care can also be beneficial to those discharged from hospital, who may need some extra support while they decide on the best place to live in the longer term.
Our private respite service was introduced to give potential residents and their families the opportunity to experience the Freedom Aged Care difference for themselves without the pressure of purchasing.
The Freedom Difference:
At Freedom Aged Care we like to do things differently. As a private respite service, we aim to deliver a more personalised respite experience, allowing care requirements and personal preferences to take priority.
- Residents remain in control over how and when care is delivered
- Freedom care staff onsite 24 hours per day
- Fully furnished private home
- Fresh and nutritious meals prepared onsite in the Freedom kitchen
- Access to all features and benefits of living in a Freedom Community including scheduled outings and activities, as well as lifestyle and diversional therapy programs
- No ACAT/ACAS approval required
To be eligible for our respite service, residents will have some level of need for assistance. They may also be looking to take the next step in securing a permanent care solution with the comfort of knowing they will never have to move again.
Our respite service is available for a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks (with the option to extend).
In order to provide respite services to a high standard, we require respite fees to be paid in full in advance. Fees will differ slightly depending on your preferred community and are determined on a not-for-profit basis.
The weekly respite fee comprises of three components:
- Freedom Care Program: our unique Care Governance model designed to meet the everyday ongoing nursing and personal care needs of each of our residents. This fee is capped and won’t change even when care needs increase.
- General Services Charge: a fee borne equally by all residents to cover the ongoing costs of maintaining the community. This fee covers rates, insurance, utilities, village management and maintenance of communal areas.
- Meals: lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon tea are included. All meals are prepared fresh every day by our very own cooks.