General Employment & Training Services
Q.I.T.E. is a not-for-profit organisation, and proudly a Public Benevolent Institution and registered Charity. Commencing in 1987, Q.I.T.E. was formed after a group of concerned citizens sought to assist youth in the Mareeba community through the provision of training and employment services. Since this time, Q.I.T.E. has grown, with a workforce of up to 100 staff we service the communities of Mareeba, Atherton, Ravenshoe, Mossman, Cairns, Yarrabah, Innisfail, Tully & Cardwell and offer up to 15 workforce, training and social enterprise programs at any point in time.
We are proud of our diverse workforce, and with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander to non-Indigenous staff contingent of approximately 10% our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff are based throughout the organisation in roles such as Community Development Officer, Mentor, Employment Consultant and Receptionist and are valued members of our ever-growing team.
- Contracted employment services – known as jobactive, including the Harvest Labour Services Contract.
- Recruitment Services – including a Labour Hire Division which provides on-hire employees to all industries.
- QT’s Early Learning Centre, a long hours daycare centre, Indigenous Advancement Strategy and Passenger Transport Services.
This unique service offering has evolved in response to the needs of the community, and with a strong physical presence across the Far North of Queensland the team at Q.I.T.E. has developed an in-depth knowledge of issues affecting the area. To this end, Q.I.T.E. proudly launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in May 2013. This RAP includes commitments under the pillars of Relationships, Respect and Opportunities and provides an opportunity for Q.I.T.E. to turn good intentions into actions, and to empower Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples to engage fully in community life. Reconciliation Australia deemed that Q.I.T.E.’s first RAP was in fact an ‘Innovate’ RAP, and one that will ensure a measurable impact is seen as a result of our actions.
This organisation has an impressive track record of achieving results within our communities, and during the financial year ending 30 June 2014, Q.I.T.E.:
- Assisted 1,364 unemployed clients to secure employment through the Jobs Services Australia contract;
- Assisted 202 clients to achieve education outcomes;
- Supported 67 clients who commenced in the Timber Creations Work Experience Program;
- Issued 1,270 bus tickets through our Passenger Transport Services unit;
- Placed 769 clients into employment through the Recruitment Department;
- Supported 169 employers to access wage incentives to support the employment of our clients;
- Placed 409 workers in harvest roles through the Harvest Labour Services department to meet the labour requirements of growers.
Q.I.T.E. is proud to be recognised as a community asset, and as an organisation we provide a wrap-around service to our clients, and work to contribute to the wider community by campaigning to influence change.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Quality Innovation Training and Employment - Mareeba
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages