Aboriginal Support Services & Counselling
We all have good days and bad days. Then there are those days when something isn't quite right, you've got something on your mind, or things just seem too much. Whatever it may be, sharing the load with someone else can really help. So no matter who you are, or how you're feeling, you can talk it through with us.
Last year over 78,000 Australians contacted us about their concerns – both big and small – and you can too.
All calls and chats are one-on-one with a trained mental health professional, and completely confidential. Although we may ask for your first name and some general details, you can let us know if you’d like to remain anonymous.
Three ways to contact us:
1. Call 1300 22 4636 | 24 hours a day | 7 days a week
2. Chat online 3pm to 12am (AEST) | 7 days a week | How it works
3. Email us | Get a response in 24 hours | Email at: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
1. Talk to someone
- Give us a call any time of the day or night – select from the voice menu or simply hold on the line to talk with a trained mental health professional. We'll be there to listen, offer support and point you in the right direction for the cost of a local call (could be more from mobiles).
- Help for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact us by phone using the National Relay Service.
- Help for people for whom English is not their first language
- People who do not use English as their first language can get free translation support from Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) services.
- For immediate phone interpreting service
- Pre-booked phone interpreting service
2. Chat online
Sometimes you may not feel like talking on the phone, so why not chat to us online? We're online from 3pm to 12am (AEST) every day. To get started, click 'Chat online'.
How it works
- Answer the brief pre-chat questions
- Read and accept the chat rules
- Click on chat icons
- Wait for the next available counsellor
Web chat is available within Australia only.
3. Email us
To send us an email, complete your details and write your message – you'll hear back from one of our trained mental health professionals within 24 hours.
Similar Providers Nearby
Online Service Yes
Phone Service Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages