General Health Services
NPA Family and Community Services (NPAFACS) is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled organisation, which has been delivering a range of culturally appropriate social services to the communities of the Northern Peninsula Area (Injinoo, Umagico, Bamaga, New Mapoon and Seisia) for more than twenty years.
The primary focus of establishing NPAFACS was to provide support to women and children who were victims of family violence with safe facilities, a “Women’s Shelter” and education of children in the NPA region. Over the years, the focus and role of the organisation has evolved to include social, health and emotional wellbeing services to support families remain strongly connected to their family groups, culture and land.
The organisation currently receives funding from various State and Commonwealth agencies to operate the following services:
- Licenced Child Care Centres and Outside School Hours Care – Injinoo and Umagico
- Women’s Shelter
- Healing Centre, Domestic and Family Violence service, Social and Emotional Wellbeing service
- Child Safety Safe House and Placement Service, Family Intensive Service, Foster and Kinship Carer Support
- Men’s Support Service, Youth Support Service
- Palliative Care Service
- Child and Maternal Health Services
- Primary Health Care Centre inclusive of GP services based in Injinoo (AGPAL accredited) which provides primary health care services for both Indigenous and non-Indigenous residents and visitors to the NPA