General Support Services & Counselling
Autism Gold Coast Inc supports parents, families and carers of people diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Through the outreach our parent volunteers provide, we are working with our community to enhance and expand the services to over 680 families, carers and people with Autism Spectrum Disorder on the Gold Coast. Autism Gold Coast Inc is primarily a parent support group for people with ASD (Autism, Aspergers Syndrome). However adults with ASD are welcome to attend our meetings and seek support and information. Autism Gold Coast Inc is a not-for-profit charity-registered organisation with deductible gift registration. We do not receive government funding, nor financial support from Autism Queensland, but do fundraise at times, to assist in providing activities and events for the ASD community on the Gold Coast. Our group operates through the generosity of time and resources of a small group of volunteer parents who form the Management Committee.
We offer parents, families and carers:
- Telephone contact with Coordinators
- Twice monthly meetings - Coffee'n'Chat morning and evening meetings
- A Resource Library
- Email News Group keeping information and support and networks flowing
- Regular Newsletters to financial members which are informative to our community
- Social Outings for the family
- Opportunities for participation in various programs of interest
- Guest Speakers, Seminars, Workshops.
We aim to:
- Provide support to parents, families, and carers through monthly meetings, special interest groups, resource library, guest speakers, newsletters, and sourcing programs
- Form links with people that allow individuals to meet with others who have similar interests and issues.
- Link families into support networks on the Gold Coast
- Promote awareness and community education of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Maintain links with other organisations and services, such as Autism Queensland Inc, and the Asperger Services Australia.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Autism Gold Coast Inc
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Phone Service Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
We meet at 10:00 AM the first Wednesday each Month and at 7:00 PM every third Wednesday each Month