Community & Neighbourhood Centres
Glyde-In Community Learning Centre began in 1981. It offers courses, talks and activities that we hope will enrich members’ enjoyment and knowledge, and foster a healthy community life. We aim to be a source of learning that doesn’t cost the earth, that doesn’t need prior knowledge or qualifications, or a large amount of time. Our courses are non-competitive and informal. Tutors are from all walks of life, and we welcome more.
We generate much of our funding through membership and course fees, and are supported greatly by the Town of East Fremantle which provides our building under a peppercorn lease, and very substantial funding.
Glyde-In is a non-profit organisation managed by a volunteer Management Committee.
Glyde-In provides the following services:
- Courses: Languages, computer/devices, art, philosophy, history, and more
- Talks: Current issues and meaty subjects of all kinds;
- Excursions and outdoor activities;
- Recreational activities such as singing, mahjong, meditation, scrabble, chess; cycling, walking;
- The opportunity for groups to arise out of member initiatives that fall within the philosophy of the Centre, such as walking, cycling and gardening groups;
- Hire of its premises to non-profit community and private groups for meetings;
- As a referral centre wherever appropriate.
Membership 12 months $35 / $30, concession, or $20 East Fremantle resident. Single term $15. Concession is for holders of a Pension or Health Care Card (not seniors HCC) or DVA Gold Card. Your don't have to be a resident of East Fremantle - everybody is welcome.
Quick Facts About The Region
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages