Drug & Alcohol Services
South Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service - Fremantle, Rockingham and Mandurah is a partnershp between Palmerston and Next Step Drug and Alcohol Services.
The service provides individuals and families with access to a comprehensive range of alcohol and drug services from one location.
Palmerston provides counselling and support for individuals and their families. Next Step provides medical and psychological services.
Services we provide to adults and young people include:
- assessment and referral
- counselling, case management and support
- opiate and alcohol pharmacotherapy treatment
- outpatient withdrawal services including home based withdrawal through DAWN
- medical reviews
- clinical psychology
- group programs
- support to families and significant others
- shared care with other services
- diversion programs for people referred by police and courts
- outreach counselling services
- support for local communities through prevention and community development activities
Our services are free and everyone is welcome.
People can refer themselves directly or can be referred by other services including mental health, corrective services, child protection and general practitioners.
This service acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of Western Australia. We are welcoming of all Aboriginal peoples, families and communities.