General Community Clubs
If you are interested in tracing your family's history, FamilyHistoryWA can assist you. We have experienced and helpful volunteers able to guide you through the resources available at our Research Centre and on our website.
FamilyHistoryWA (FHWA) is operated solely by volunteers and is open to all people who are interested in any aspect of genealogy and family history.
Our research team can carry out limited research for both members and non-members.
Membership of FamilyHistoryWA gives you access to:
- the largest family history society in Western Australia;
- new member orientation sessions;
- an extensive library and on-line research resources;
- world-wide family history research assistance;
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) which meet on a regular basis - a great way to meet people with similar interests;
- the quarterly journal Western Ancestor;
- informal monthly House Group get togethers to share family history experiences;
- workshops and discussions aimed at everyone from beginners through to advanced and specialist researchers.
Everybody is welcome!
(FamilyHistoryWA is the operating name of the Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc)
Quick Facts About The Region
Disabled access This location does not have disabled access
Online Service Yes
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Train - Midland Line alighting at Bayswater Station. Buses from Elizabeth Quay Station - 950 alighting just before Broun Ave or 48 alighting at the corner of Coode and Francis Streets. All are a 15 minute walk from FamilyHistoryWA
Family History, Friendly visiting, Not-For-Profit Organisations, Social and Community Participation