Ruah is a community services organisation based in Perth, Western Australia. We work in partnership with citizens who require support to improve the quality of their lives, enhance their spirit, and participate more fully in the community.
We have a long history of providing a range of services to address the health and social needs of the community. Our aim is to address circumstances of disadvantage and marginalisation, and we believe in the value and strength of the human spirit.
We currently provide services in housing and homelessness, mental health, domestic violence and women leaving prison.
Our service delivery approach is:
• relationship based with professional boundaries;
• person-client centered and family inclusive practices;
• culturally sensitive and acknowledging diversity;
• holistic support with case management functions;
• community linking, advocacy and creating pathways to opportunities;
• collaboration and partnership approaches;
• skilled staff with support, supervision and ongoing training, and;
• evidence based leading-edge practice.
The origins of the word Ruah lie in the Hebrew scriptures where it is used in a spiritual context to express: wind, breath, and the spirit of life.