Mental Health Services
Many young people experience mental health issues. The majority of young mental health clients are seen in our community based clinics; however some young people need more intensive support.
Perth Children's Hospital's Mental Health inpatient ward provides a range of specialist mental health services for young people including:
- crisis intervention
- mental health assessment
- medical and psychological treatment
- inpatient treatment
- day programs
- training, education and support for families.
It is staffed by a multidisciplinary group of health professionals including doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, mental health nurses, youth workers, social workers and a specialised Aboriginal mental health worker.
PCH Mental Health service currently incorporates five program areas:
- Urgent mental health telephone support line (1800 048 636)
- Eating Disorders Program (EDP)
- Paediatric Consultation Liaison (PCL)
- Gender Diversity Service (GDS)
- Ward 5A (20 beds) at Perth Children's Hospital.