Mental Health Services
The Fiona Stanley Hospital Mental Health Service provides:
- assessment and treatment for patients with mental health issues who present to the emergency department
- a 14-bed Youth Unit for young people aged between 16 and 24 years
- an 8-bed Mother and Baby Unit
- an 8-bed Assessment Unit providing a therapeutic environment for patients requiring short term admission for stabilisation and monitoring for up to 72 hours or an extended period of care
- a consultation liaison service to support patients throughout the general hospital or rehabilitation service who have mental health issues in addition to their presenting complaint.
- Youth community treatment services and tele-psychiatry (see those listings)
The Service works collaboratively with Community Managed Organisations and General Practitioners to support the patient’s long term recovery.