Mental Health Services
The WA Eating Disorders Outreach and Consultation Service (WAEDOCS) is a Statewide Service that aims to ensure youth and adults in WA with an eating disorder can access optimal best practice care. This will be facilitated through up-skilling and inspiring health care professionals to deliver evidence-based high quality eating disorders care. WAEDOCS is a multi-disciplinary team comprising a nurse practitioner, consultant clinical psychologist, consultant liaison psychiatrist, specialist physician, senior dietitian, clinical nurse specialist (mental health) and peer support worker.
What we provide
- Consultation liaison, mentoring and support to help clinicians to manage their patient(s)
- Clinician training and education
- Resources to guide safe inpatient management of people with eating disorders.
What we are unable to provide
- Case management or governance for or of the patient
- Treatment and/or support directly to patients and/or significant others
- Inpatient services.
Referrals WAEDOCS accepts referrals from clinicians caring for people with eating disorders throughout WA. This includes, but is not limited to, Emergency Departments, Medical Wards, Mental Health Units, Hospital in the Home (HiTH) teams, General Practitioners and Community Health and Mental Health Services from the public, private and community managed sectors.