Community & Neighbourhood Centres
Care Balonne Community Support Service
The Community Support Service provides information, advice and referrals to communities and their families, including elderley and people with a disability, where other services may be unable to assist. The role this position offers in the community is:
- Respond to identified and emergent needs of the local community with a priority given to vulnerable individuals, families and populations.
- To better inform the local community of the affecting issues, where to seek assistance and referral if necessary.
- Provide social and emotional support and practical assistance to clients.
- Provide community education and awareness activities to promote understanding of trending social issues.
- Promote community engagement and connectedness.
- Provide an important resource to the community through advice and practical assistance to access new programs and events.
Care Balonne Family Support Program
The Family Support Program focuses on empowering families to care for their children. The service provides families with advice, information, referrals, and where needed, ongoing emotional support. The role this position offers in the community is:
- To support families and vulnerable familieswith dependent children to assist them to develop parenting and/or communication skills.
- To identify and meet this needs of the community.
- To provide emotional and personal support to individuals, families and the community.
- To provide a safe meeting place for individuals, groups and community organisations.
- To provide community education and skills learning opportunities.
- To enhance individual and family wellbeing.
- To provide the Balonne Shire community with information and support.