General Support Services & Counselling
Weekdays: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Human beings thrive on relationships and some of the most important relationships we ever experience are those within our families. Unfortunately, these are often also the most challenging. Emotions can quickly become heightened and it can be difficult to see a way forward. Our family and relationship practitioners are skilled in a variety of therapeutic methods to work with you to find the way to strengthen your relationships and support your family using techniques tailored to your particular situation.
Even if a relationship has broken down, we are able to provide support including Family Dispute Resolution and post-separation counselling and parent education.
Centacare FNQ offers counselling for individuals (including children), adolescents, adults, couples and families experiencing difficulties and requiring support with issues such as:
- Relationship/family difficulties (including domestic violence issues)
- Parenting skills
- Children, adolescent and family therapy
- Stress management
- Grief and loss
- Development of conflict resolution, communication, and assertion skills
- Development of self-awareness,
- Self-management and self-esteem
- Child therapy
- Trauma counselling
- Critical incident debriefing
- Employee assistance program