General Health Services
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, we can help you learn to manage it to live a long and happy life. With a range of free workshops across WA, you can find one near you and book online at www.diabeteswa.com.au , or call 1300 001 880 and we will help you find one that suits you.
Diabetes WA is the NDSS agent for Western Australia, so people registered on the NDSS and their support person can attend our workshops for free.
- DESMOND: a one day workshop for people living with type 2 diabetes.
- Smart workshop: 2-3 hour workshops to help you manage a particular aspect of your diabetes, eg ShopSmart, CarbSmart, FootSmart, MonitorSmart, MedSmart
- Connect with Diabetes: community programs for people living with type 2, or carer, or anyone interested in learning more about type 2 diabetes
- DAFNE: a 5 day program for adults living with type 1 diabetes
- Ready Set Go, Let's Move: a 3 hour workshop for people with type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes to gain an understanding of how to incorporate exercise in your daily routine and how to stay motivated.
- Living with Insulin: for people with type 2 diabetes who are transitioning onto insulin to manage their diabetes
- Pump workshop: for people with type 1 diabetes who would like to get the most out of using an insulin pump
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Learn to manage your diabetes with Diabetes WA
Similar Providers Nearby
Referral Required Self Referral
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Adult/community education, Community Education, Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes