Drug & Alcohol Services
Wungening provides support and programs to youth, families, men and women (and their families) who are experiencing alcohol or other drug problems. All our services are confidential.
- You can see us at our Royal Street office or one of our community locations.
- Just walk in.
- Phone us.
- Ask for a referral from any health or community service you are already connected with, such as health services, employment services.
What can we do?
- When you first come to see us we will have a yarn about your concerns and needs. From there we can work together to plan the support you need.
We respond to your needs through holistic assessment, support planning, culturally appropriate counselling, medical withdrawal support, referral to residential rehabilitation (through partnerships), family support, advocacy, and prisons programs.
The program also delivers information, education and prevention:
- Alcohol, drug and substance awareness
- Community justice and diversion
- Aboriginal history and culture
- Parenting education
- Healthy communication and anger management
- Harm reduction
We also provide:
- Solid Ground program – Group program supporting people with Alcohol and Drug issues, No appointment required.
- Higher Ground – Group program supporting people with Alcohol and Drug issues who have completed Solid Ground. No appointment required.
- Seasons to Grow, Let’s Chat, UTURN and Whos Ya Mob programs for young people.