General Aboriginal Services
QPRC coordinates a playschool program for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children aged 3-6 years.
Playschool provides a wonderful learning opportunity where children can socialise, enjoy each others’ company and make friends. Children will participate in a range of structured and fun activities alongside qualified staff.
Helping children to get a good start at school is very important. The playschool program helps parents from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community give their children the skills they need to start school.
Special programs available during the year include:
- emergency services
- health services and clinics
- cultural awareness
- environmental and recycling
- personal and animal safety
- transition to school
- family gatherings
- healthy eating
Families are welcome to attend sessions and see how their children are going or to discuss their child’s progress with the friendly staff.
- Friendly, trained staff
- learning through play in a fun filled environment
- a healthy lunch
- assistance and information for parents and families
- parents can help out once a term assisting staff and interacting with the children
- transport may be organised pending vehicle availability
- children are required to be toilet trained
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Playschool
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Disabled access Parking, Toilets
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges From 3 to 6 years of age
Children, Indigenous, Playgroups, Preschools