General Legal Assistance & Information
Cairns CBD: JP Service Centre (Cairns Central)...
We're delighted to advise that our FREE JP Service Centre is open 6 days a week, every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday between 10.00 am & 2.00 pm and is located on the 1st Floor between Lovisa and Best & Less.
Justices of the Peace (JPs) are voluntary appointed officers who carry out a range of legally-related tasks to help the community.
Their services can range from witnessing and signing formal documents to hearing certain types of court matters. By performing these services, they allow lawyers and the courts to concentrate on complex legal matters.
Justices of the Peace provide a range of FREE legal services that include, but are not restricted to:
- Affidavits - Federal, State, Interstate & International
- Applications under the Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012
- Blue Card Applications
- Camera-detected Traffic Infringement Offence Notice - Statutory Declarations
- Certifying Personal Photo Identity Documents (Drivers Licence, Passport)
- Certifying true copies of Original documents
- Commonwealth, State and Interstate Documents
- Consent to the marriage of a minor
- Enduring Forms: Powers of Attorney & Advanced Health Directives
- Federal Circuit & Family Law Court Affidavits
- General Powers of Attorney
- Land Registry Forms (including Mortgage, Transfer & Lease)
- Statutory Declarations - Commonwealth, State, Interstate & International
- Titles Registry Forms - Mortgage, Transfers & Lease
- Witnessing Last Will and Testaments
- Witnessing Legal documents
PLEASE NOTE: Our Cairns Central JP Service Centre has an on-site ‘photocopy facility’ available for clients requiring photocopies of original documents certified.
Additional volunteers most welcome to join our local JPs FNQ GROUP JP Team.
Contact: Team Leader & Site Coordinator, Selwyn Johnston: 0418 243 652 or e-mail: [email protected]
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact CAIRNS CBD: JP Service Centre (Cairns Central)
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Access & Toilets
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
CONTACT: Team Leader & Site Coordinator, Selwyn Johnston: 0418 243 652 or e-mail: [email protected]
Justices of the Peace, Legal Information Services