General Communication & Information
Western Downs Regional Council libraries are a vital and progressive part of our townships and provide a wide range of resources and services to meet the needs of residents.
We invite you to visit your local branch today and explore the possibilities; library membership is free and we offer a free public computer and internet use. Well over half of our regional population are active members of their local library.
All branches have moved from stand-alone libraries into an integrated, fully independent library service and residents are encouraged to make the most of this valuable community facility. Library services have been enhanced to reflect the needs of the community.
Enhancements to library services include:
- inter-library lending now available;
- customers can purchase requests for books and media items;
- access to over 70, 000 free resources for borrowers;
- extensive catalogue of reference websites which are linked to the Queensland school curriculum; and
- wide collection of bestsellers, music CDs, popular DVDs, audio books and magazines.
The library’s web interface is also being redesigned and members will soon be able to set-up their own personal library profile to rate and review items and elect to receive regular updates on new stock, staff book reviews, Top 10 lists and e-newsletters.
For full details, on resources and services, and what’s happening at your local library, contact a branch close to you, visit the Western Downs Libraries website , where you can browse our catalogue, renew your loans or reserve books on-line.