Drug & Alcohol Services
The Great Southern Community Alcohol and Drug Service (GSCADS) team supports communities across the vast region from Walpole to Bremer Bay, and north to Kojonup, Katanning and Lake Grace as well as many places in between.
Our services are free, confidential and everyone is welcome.
- Assessment and referral
- Counselling and support for adults, youth and families
- Counselling for people in the justice system including court diversion programs (diversion and cannabis intervention)
- Needle and syringe program
- Group counselling
- Therapy programs including SMART Recovery and art groups
- After hours counselling services by appointment
- Support for people with both mental health and alcohol and other drug concerns
- Shared care with other services
- Outreach support
- Support for local communities through prevention and community development activities
Needle and syringe program
Palmerston GSCADS offers a needle and syringe program (NSP) as part of our commitment to reduce the harms associated with injecting drug use and blood borne viruses. Most equipment is free of charge and distributed in a safe and supportive environment. Staff are available to provide information and links to our and other services. As part of our program, we provide a safe disposal bin.
Culturally Secure service
Our service is committed to providing culturally secure services to Aboriginal people in the Great Southern. Aboriginal counsellors and support staff are available to clients across the region. A spirit of partnership with the Noongar community ensures that culture is respected and honoured.
Collectively our team has a wealth of experience, including counselling, working with community groups, families and children, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and working with Aboriginal people.
How to access our service
People can refer themselves directly or can be referred by other services including mental health, corrective services, child protection and general practitioners.
We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of this land upon which we walk together. We recognise that Palmerston services are located on Noongar country.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Great Southern Community Alcohol and Drug Service - Albany
Palmerston is a leading and respected not for profit organisation supporting people with alcohol and other drug (AOD) issues in Western Australia.Visit PALMERSTON ASSOCIATION INC website