Loss & Grief Support Services & Counselling
working4recovery facilitates recovery focused counselling and psychotherapy for people over the age of 12. The lead practitioner, Richard Lakeman, has 30 years of experience working in the mental health sector and the provision of therapy to people with complex needs. Richard has a background and extensive training in mental health nursing, counselling and psychotherapy across the lifespan.
working4recovery will match the right kind or mix of therapy to your needs. We have training and expertise in particular kinds of approaches to address quite specific problems or to resolve longer term issues or enhance self-knowledge and understanding. Therapeautic approaches include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) / Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT) - Useful for resolving many kinds of common problems
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) - Skills coaching to address problems with emotional regulation, tolerance of distress and improve relationships
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) - Particularly useful for resolving problems after traumatic events
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - Useful for building resilience, clarifying and acting on personal values.
- Psychodynamic Therapy - Helps understand and resolve unconscious conflicts, improve self-understanding and relationships.
- Narrative and Solution Focused Approaches - Builds strength, resilience and focuses on solutions rather than problems.
We have particular expertise in trauma informed care including EMDR.
A highly confidential private service can be provided to professionals who may experience vicarious trauma through their work or are experiencing mental health or relationship difficulties that are impacting on their performance.
Free services may be available under a stepped care referral (if elligible due to financial hardship). See Connect to Wellbeing and recommend your doctor refer to Richard Lakeman by name.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Ask for working4recovery
Similar Providers Nearby
Referral Required A Doctor
Online Service Yes
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee See fee schedule. Stepped care free
Age Ranges Over 12 years of age
Other Requirements A referral is only required for stepped care services