Many young people experience mental health issues. The majority of young mental health clients are seen in our community based clinics; however some young people need more intensive support.
Perth Children's Hospital's Mental Health inpatient ward provides a range of specialist mental health services for young people including:
- crisis intervention
- mental health assessment
- medical and psychological treatment
- inpatient treatment
- day programs
- training, education and support for families.
It is staffed by a multidisciplinary group of health professionals including doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, mental health nurses, youth workers, social workers and a specialised Aboriginal mental health worker.
PCH Mental Health service currently incorporates five program areas:
- Urgent mental health telephone support line (1800 048 636)
- Eating Disorders Program (EDP)
- Paediatric Consultation Liaison (PCL)
- Gender Diversity Service (GDS)
- Ward 5A (20 beds) at Perth Children's Hospital.
Referral Required Contact us for details
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges Under 17 years of age
Adolescent Mental Health Services, Anorexia, Anxiety, Children, Depression, Mental Illness, Youth