Literacy & Numeracy Programs
With the assistance of Books Links Inc groups are able to access the Travelling Suitcase Program. A suitcase containing interesting keepsakes from a selection of authors and illustrators. The collection includes their books, edited manuscripts, DVD of the artist at work, illustrations and toys. Activities are included to extend literature and arts learning. The Jackie French Travelling Suitcase is now available in the Canberra Region.
What is in the suitcase?
- Books by Jackie French
- Illustrator’s tools and/or author’s rough drafts
- An interview on DVD with Jackie filmed in her own workspace or studio
- Display and activity ideas
- A USB thumb-drive containing digital copies of many resources that may be either printed out for display or student use or projected on to whiteboards
What is the cost of participation in Book Links Travelling Suitcases?
- Free; however each borrower will be required to pay the ongoing freight cost to the next school, or organise for the suitcase to be dropped off.
Schools need to be members of the CBCA ACT Branch to be able to participate.
For any questions contact the project officer at [email protected]
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Travelling Suitcase
Similar Providers Nearby
Accessible By Members only
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges From 5 to 12 years of age
The CBCA ACT Branch celebrates Australian children’s literature and its creators, and our aim is to engage the community with literature for young Australians. We seek opportunities to promote greater equity of access to reading through community projects.Visit Children's Book Council of Australia ACT Branch website