Environment & Conservation Local History
Collects, preserves, archives and makes available to the public the documentary heritage of the ACT held in ACT Government records older than 20yrs.
ArchivesACT provides access to publicly available ACT Government records older than 20 years.
To assist in accessing the records, ArchivesACT:
- Contacts ACT Government agencies on behalf of requestors;
- Checks that the archives do not contain material that is exempt from public access;
- Makes arrangements for the requestor to view the archives in a secure reading room;
- Makes arrangements for any reproduction of the contents;
- Assists in locating the agency copyright holder to facilitate the permissions process; and
- Writes finding aids and research guides to assist members of the public in locating records in the sphere of interest.