Australian Government Program providing eligible people with access to a range of free and subsidised hearing services, including: a comprehensive hearing assessment; help with your hearing loss and communication needs, including support and rehabilitation services; access to a wide range of hearing devices; optional maintenance support. You can receive repairs and batteries to support your hearing device for a small fee. Eligibility checks and applications for the program can be completed online.
The Office of Hearing Services aims to support access to quality hearing services for eligible clients, provide better targeted hearing services, and support research into hearing loss prevention and management.
Currently one in six Australians is affected by hearing loss and this is expected to increase to one in every four Australians by 2050. Hearing loss reduces the ability to communicate and participate in social situations and can affect a person’s education and employment opportunities.
Unless preventive action is taken, avoidable hearing loss, especially in young people and people in the workforce, will also increase. Given the expected growth in the demand for hearing services, the Government is focused on improving accessibility of hearing services for the most vulnerable people in society.
- provides a program eligibility confirmation service and support;
- investigates and resolves complaints;
- provides information on the location of sites and practitioners;
- undertakes contract development, compliance checks and audits, management and support across a range ofmanufacturers, providers and agencies;
- supports the interface between the program and the National Disability Insurance Scheme; and
- provides advice to Ministers on strategic policy to support the aims of the program.
The Office also funds research on strategies to prevent hearing loss or lessen its impact.
Referral: A medical certificate from your general practitioner is required.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Hearing Services Program
Similar Providers Nearby
Referral Required A Doctor
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages
Please see website for details.
Hearing Aids, Hearing impairment, Tinnitus