National & International Advocacy Services
Who are we?
Social Security Law is a specialist legal service of Canberra Community Law providing free, independent and confidential legal help.
Social Security Law can help you with Centrelink problems if you are living in the ACT or south-east NSW.
Some examples of problems we can help you with :
- Appealing Centrelink decisions
- Debt recovery
- Payments cut off, reduced, cancelled and suspended
- Claims refused
If you live outside our area, we can refer you to another community legal centre which will be able to help you.
How can we help you?
We can provide initial advice on your situation and the options you have.
We may also be able to:
- Talk to Centrelink on your behalf
- Help you to appeal Centrelink decisions
- Prepare legal documents for you
- Represent you in Tribunal and Court hearings
Would you like to contact Social Security Law?
- Please call us on (02) 6218 7977 or free call 1800 445 665 from south-east NSW.
- The advice line is open from 9.30am to 1pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If you need an interpreter please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask them to ring us.
- To contact us via the National Relay Service ring 133 677 (voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen).
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Social Security Law
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Ramps
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Legal Aid, Legal Information Services, Low Income Earners
Canberra Community Law (formerly Welfare Rights and Legal Centre) has been providing legal services to people on low incomes for over 25 years. Canberra Community Law has substantial legal practice experience and expertise in its areas of specialty.Visit CANBERRA COMMUNITY LAW website