Who are we?
Night Time Legal Advice Service (NTLAS) is a service of Canberra Community Law providing information, referral or one-off legal advice in most areas of law. NTLAS runs each Tuesday evening from 6pm to 8pm (except December and January) each year.
Some examples of problems NTLAS can help you with are:
- Fines and other traffic infringements
- Minor criminal law offences
- Family law
- Employment law
- Consumer issues
NTLAS does not provide advice on areas that are covered by Canberra Community Law’s day time services:
- Public Housing Law
- Tenancy Law
- Centrelink/Social Security Law
- Disability Discrimination Law
NTLAS does not have a migration agent and can not provide advice on immigration or refugee legal matters.
How can NTLAS help you?
NTLAS aims to provide at least some initial one off advice and guidance on legal matters.
The service is not resourced to provide casework or ongoing assistance. A solicitor is employed to supervise NTLAS, but otherwise the service is provided by a committed group of volunteer solicitors.
Would you like to contact NTLAS?
- NTLAS operates on Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 8pm (from February to November each year).
- Please call us on (02) 6218 7999 or visit us at 1st Floor, 21 Barry Drive, Turner ACT 2612.
- Doors open at 6pm and you must arrive or ring in by 6:30pm to be assisted on the night.
- If you need an interpreter please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask them to ring us.
- To contact us via the National Relay Service ring 133 677 (voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen).